Microsoft Hyper-V 2016 Features list
Quite an impressive list of new stuff in the Hyper-V are with 2016 release, and then you of course also have the new stuff in Clustering and storage to add to this but that will be another blog post 🙂
- Compatible with Connected Standby (new)
- Discrete device assignment (new)
- Host resource protection (new)
- Hot add and remove for network adapters and memory (new)
- Hyper-V Manager improvements (updated)
- Integration services delivered through Windows Update (updated).
- Linux Secure Boot (new)
- More memory and processors for generation 2 virtual machines and Hyper-V hosts (updated)
- Nested virtualization (new)
- Networking features (new)
- Production checkpoints (new)
- Rolling Hyper-V Cluster upgrade (new)
- Shielded virtual machines (new)
- Start order priority for clustered virtual machines (new)
- Storage quality of service (QoS) (updated)
- Virtual machine configuration file format (updated)
- Virtual machine configuration version (updated).
- Windows Containers (new)
- Windows PowerShell Direct (new)
Read more at the technet site here.